Thursday, November 22, 2012

Welcome to the World!

I walked out of the Dr.’s office in a kinda freaking out daze-we we’re going to have little man #2 that day! I made about 10 calls on the way home and then when I got home I just hugged Terry and was like are you freaking out a little cause I am! It’s a weird feeling to schedule the delivery. I don’t know what is worse, waiting for labor to start or knowing that it’s going to start in just an hour!

It all worked out perfectly though. We got Bryke down for a nap and then just hung out and packed last minute things until Cheryl and Kenny got here and then we headed out. I don’t know anything different but it really is nice to leave the house not in awful pain or frantically trying to get to the hospital.

Dr. Burton got there right when we did {1 p.m.} and took us up the secret Dr. stairs. He was joking the whole way up and then started telling us how cool his card that opens the door is-that the scanner can scan through wallets and even pants. Then he said I can even just put my butt up to the scanner with my card in my wallet in my back pocket but I wouldn’t do that with you guys here. But he did :) after that we were pretty relaxed.

They got me all hooked up and asked a million questions and then Dr. Burton checked me and I was at a 6! Then he broke my water-such a weird feeling! After that I was able to get up and walk. We did 3 or 4 laps down the hall and by the end of that (about 20 min) the contractions were bad enough that I couldn’t walk or talk through them. I had to tell Ter to stop because he didn’t realize I had stopped and the line to my IV was getting just a little tight! So we made it back to the room and they checked me again and I was between a 7 and an 8. With the AMAZING nurse we decided that we would go with a spinal block instead of an epidural {this was right around 3 p.m.}. It was a stressful decision though because the spinal block only gave us 2 hours to the baby here before it wore off and that made me more than a little nervous! But the nurse (I can’t remember her name :(…) was such a good help in deciding and I’m really glad that’s what we went with as it kicked in immediately. But getting it oh my goodness was awful, awful, awful!  


So now came the waiting part. We hung out for awhile and then they checked me again and I was ready to go {around 4:30}! I was barely starting to feel the contractions at this point so we were still good to go on our 2 hour time line. I started pushing and then half an hour later at {5:04 p.m. on November 19th} Keegan Karl Darrington was here! I remember so much more about Keegan’s first few minutes than Bryker’s. I think with Bryke I was just so exhausted and they took him away pretty quick that everything is kind of a blur. But with Keegan it was like the movies, they put his gooey little body right on me and it was like the Grinch when you can see his heart getting bigger. I swear I could feel my heart expand and just fill with love for this new little treasure that was all ours. Giving birth is a miracle-plain and simple.

Little Keeg was just perfect-except for the complete knot in his cord that was a little scary. But besides that it really was a super good experience. After Bryke was born I was like I’m not so sure about this giving birth thing but after having Keegan I think I can handle it a few more times if it goes like this again :)

This is the part where I can’t say enough good things about my amazing husband! Once again I’m positive I wouldn’t have been able to do it without him by my side-I love you sweetie!! Thanks for being the absolute best hand holder, IV pusher, coach and comforter! You truly are the best husband ever and the greatest dad ever-me and our boys are lucky ducks to have you!

We got all cleaned up and I fed Keeg for the first time (he is a little champ nurser) and then it was time to meet big brother! It really was one of the sweetest moments I have ever had. He ran right in the room asking where mommy and baby were. He was a little concerned why mommy couldn’t get up but he was so sweet with Keegan. I want so badly for them to love each other and have a good relationship! To ensure that this would happen I bribed Bryke right from the beginning with a present “from” Keegan. Keeg got big brother an awesome lego backpack full of goodies. I’m pretty sure this did the trick :) Bryke got restless pretty fast so as he was leaving he was saying bye to everyone and he said love you baby-pretty sure everyone got a little teary-eyed!
So grateful that these 2 little munchkins are mine forever and always!
 We stayed one night and then we headed home Tuesday evening to our life as a family of 4! I am so grateful that everything went well and that me and Keegan are healthy. We love you Keegan and are so happy that you are ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment