Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Check it out

I just read this article, "Why I can't stop reading Mormon housewife blogs" that I found from my friend Tara's blog and just wanted to share it. This was one of my favorite parts, "Enter the Mormon bloggers, with their picture-perfect catalog lives. It is possible to be happy, they seem to whisper. We love our homes. We love our husbands."  Of course our "Mormon" lives aren't picture-perfect but why not focus on the positive in our lives? The article opened my eyes a little wider to the fact that we can be examples in whatever we do. I don't think that we (LDS or not) should sugar coat our lives for the blogging world but we shouldn't be sharing every negative thought or experience we have either. It was just nice to see a positive article about something that I'm a part of. I'm just rambling now but my point is that the article made me smile and hope that my life and therefore my blog can portray the message of "But the basic messages expressed in these blogs -- family is wonderful, life is meant to be enjoyed, celebrate the small things -- "  

No comments:

Post a Comment