Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goodbye Pocatello!


Ter finished his semester (seriously he is a Grad school wiz! I think he has had maybe 1 or 2 B’s through the whole program. Me and the boys are SO proud of him!) and that means that our time in Pocatello is done. It really does make me so sad to say that. We have made some amazing friendships and truly come to love this city. It is full of parks, so close to so many fun things and full of great things to do as a family-we really are going to miss the town and all the amazing people we met while living here.  We’re off to live with my parents in Filer while Ter does his last internship in Twin Falls and then it is on to graduation and life in the real world! Good bye for now Pocatello, thanks for being SO great to us! You will always hold a special place in our hearts!

And how could I forget our jungle apartment? I was such a baby when we first moved in about having to live in an apartment pulled right out of the 1970’s but that little place sure grew on us. I think I might actually miss our green carpet and lime green linoleum! We brought both our babies home to that little apartment and just had a ball living there. It really was bittersweet as we packed up the last box. I couldn’t hold back the tears as I was vacuuming. Each room in that apartment holds memories that are dear to my heart, Bryke’s first steps, Ter and Bryke playing basketball on the hoop Ter made on the back of the door, late night talks with my sweetie, early morning snuggle and feeding time with both my baby boys, sewing in my little corner, the list could go on and on.

I look back on our time in Pocatello and really my heart is so full. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my family. He lead us to a place that was so right for us in that time of our lives. And not just a town and school but an apartment complex that offered us countless blessings, true friendships being the greatest! So goodbye for now Pocatello, who knows maybe we'll be back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment