Saturday, January 30, 2010

Visiting Teaching and the Public Library

Last week was a great week, especially Tuesday. Last Tuesday for the first time ever I was truly grateful for Visiting Teaching. My visiting teachers came over and it was nice to just be able to sit and chat and relate with them. It was so great to be able to get to know them better. After they left I was able to just drop a little treat off at one of the girls I visit and meet her. After I left I swear I was on a visiting teaching high. Just knowing that I had fulfilled my calling and that people had come and visited it me made me feel so good and happy. Before I am sad to admit that I really really resented visiting teaching. I was intimidated by the other girls and felt awkward just going to other girl’s houses. That was just silly of me. I am so thankful for this program and am going to do my best to keep this new outlook.

Another highlight of Tuesday, was the Public Library. I LOVE READING!! And I especially love finding new books that I love. I feel kind of embarrassed that I still hang out in the young adult section but hey that perfectly describes me right? And I’m not ready for those grown-up books anyway (don’t ask me what grown up books are cause I don’t know). Anyways reading is the bomb.com and you should go find you a good book and cuddle up!
Here’s a list of books that I am loving right now:
- The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen
- The Hunger Games (haven’t read it yet but have had lots of recommendations)
- Books by Anita Stansfield
- The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbottson
- LDS authors like Traci Hunter Abramson
- The Blue Blood series by Melissa de la Cruz

If you have any good book suggestions just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment