Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving


We started our week at Terry’s parents on Tuesday night and then went to Twin on Wednesday morning. I got my crown all finished (woo-hoo!) and then we I hung out with my Mom and Laura and the kids in town while Ter went fishing with his brother Brett. My Grandma and her husband Jay came up that night and we enjoyed just hanging out. Thursday morning the Thanksgiving festivities and my dad’s birthday began bright and early at 4:30 when the guys got up to go hunting-and they think we’re crazy for black Friday shopping! At least we bring back cute things! Us girls spent the morning cooking and getting everything ready. We had both sets of grandparents, all my family and the Barnes family this year for dinner and it was great. Ter has always said that Thanksgiving was his favorite holiday and I can see why. It’s just laid back and filled with great food and even better company (although his list of reasons has football in there somewhere). After dinner we started to plan our shopping attack. We started at 10 Thursday night and ended at 9 the next morning with only a few hours of sleep in between! This is by far one of our craziest traditions but one of my very favorites. I love just getting to spend time with my sisters and mom!

After a few more hunting trips for Ter we headed to Raft River on Saturday morning and met up with Nicole and Jordan and Brett and Vanessa to go Christmas tree hunting at Pomerelle. We found a cute little one and now are all ready to go for Christmas. We all went back to Ter's parents and enjoyed the chaos of 6 little crazy kiddos. Our family sure has been blessed over the last 2 years! Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment