Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Way to be a Tiger for 90 years!

This last weekend my Grandpa Haney turned 90 years old! So the whole Haney clan gathered together to celebrate. All of my aunts and uncles were there and I think 20 of the 26 grandkids were there with their families-it was crazy! We got there Friday morning just in time to head to Hagerman to go rafting. Grandpa even floated the river with us-if I can go rafting at 90 I’ll be feeling pretty good. That night my grandparents and all their kids went out to the “grown-up” dinner and all the cousins and their families went out to Laura’s for dinner and games. It was so much fun to see and catch up with my cousins, some I hadn’t seen in years! Saturday we had lunch at Grandma’s and then went into town for a big birthday party for Grandpa. It was amazing to see all the people that came out to support him and wish him a happy birthday. He has built quite the legacy. Because of him over 50 people are active in the church and that’s just counting his family-not the countless people he has affected from his 4 missions. Saying that he is an amazing man just doesn’t do him justice. He is one in a million and a tiger everyday of his life. We love you grandpa!

After the party we headed back to grandma’s for dinner and lawn games. I remember the last time we all got together and I was one of the little ones then. This time I brought a husband and a baby with me! I am so thankful for my big crazy family and hope that it doesn’t take us that long to get together again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment