Sunday, February 21, 2010

Catch up Time

It's been awhile so here is what we've been up to (sorry it's so long and were kind of boring):
The end of the cooking section of my class came with a Blackberry pie. It was so yummy! I loved learning how to make all of these new things. Now were in the interior decorating section and it is so much fun. One assignment has been to get 20 pics of things we would like in our future homes and get comments on them from our spouses. It was pretty funny to hear Terry's comments :) I can't wait to have a house someday and fill it with pretty stuff!

The weekend of the 5th and 6th we went to the Webb Dairy's house in Liberty. We went with 3 other couples, Kyle and Emily, Tori and Adam and Breawna and Jacob, and Terry’s cousin, Eric. We had a little scheduling conflict when we got there but other than that the weekend was so much fun. It was so great to be able to get to know the wives of Terry’s best friends better. We stayed up way too late, ate great food and laughed until we were sick. I definitely hope that this will be a lasting tradition! The video is from the boys big snow ball fight and then our pretty view. All the girls took the shopping route instead and I got a cute winter coat for only $4o!
Terry is in a Sports Medicine class this semester so I have been the lucky practice dummy. He is now a pro taper and my favorite a pro massager!
Last weekend we went to the funeral of Terry’s cousin Lacey’s baby boy Bekm. It was an amazing service and truly comforting. I just don’t know if I would be strong enough to make it through something as hard as losing a child. It made me very thankful for eternal families and the hope and peace that the gospel brings into our life. The same day as the funeral our sister in law Vanessa went into labor and delivered our cute little nephew David John Darrington. I think he was 7 lb 8oz. We are so excited to have this cute little guy in our family. We spent the rest of the weekend in Filer at my parent’s house. It was so nice to be able to relax after the emotion packed days before. We celebrated my Mom’s birthday. I am so lucky to have such an amazing mama! I love her to pieces! Toasting uncle TerryConfession time. I have an abnormal fear of pregnant ladies. It’s just kind of weird to me. Ladies, like these two pretty gals, are razor thin one time I see them and the next time they’ve got a little more goin on in front. I can’t really explain it all I know is that when I hug them I do the awkward bum out hug so I don’t touch their tummy. My brother Ryan tries to make me touch their tummies and when we were home I was afraid they were going to pregnant lady sandwich me! Who knows what will happen when I’m the one with a bowling ball under my shirt (Kace and Laur I mean this in the nicest way possible you guys both look great!)

We celebrated Valentine’s Day a little early and it was the best! I came home from class on Friday and found a bouquet of beautiful flowers, the sweetest card and some chocolates. I also got a coupon for dinner to wherever I wanted. So last Friday we went to Texas Roadhouse and spoiled ourselves. I love my hubby! This is my V-day craft. I got the idea from Terry's cousin Melissa. Love cheap crafts!

2 comments:

  1. Love the update! I really like your Vday crafts--so cute!! Terry's food coupon cracks me up. That was sweet of him to do all that! It was so fun to see you guys, come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah...you are too cute! I need to come live with you for a while so you can teach me how to cook & be crafty:)It was so good seeing you & Terry! What an awesome coupon he gave you ( I agree with Laur...it's too funny, but sooo sweet)I can't wait to see you guys next month:)

    ReplyDelete